- Contact Us
- Find A Store
- New Store Openings
- Store Events
- Track Your Order
- Holiday FAQ Page
- Bulk Purchaser Policy
- Return Policy
- Shipping Information
- Size & Fit Guide
- HT+1 Terms and Conditions
- Hot Topic Foundation
- Company Info
- Social Responsibility
- Outlet Stores
At Hot Topic, Inc. we recognize the importance of providing our customers with products that have been produced in a legal and socially responsible manner. So, in addition to requiring compliance with applicable local and federal laws, we require all manufacturers and product providers to agree to adhere to strict standards for the production of the merchandise we sell. These are the minimum standards by which we expect each manufacturer and product provider to conduct business with us, and they are founded on the principle that all individuals are owed dignity and respect. The standards include prohibitions of child labor or forced labor, treating workers with respect and without discrimination, and ensuring fair wages. Included in these standards, we require all manufacturers and product providers to ensure that:
- Forced Labor. There shall not be any use of forced labor, whether in the form of prison labor, indentured labor, bonded labor or otherwise.
- Child Labor. No person shall be employed at an age younger than 16 years.
- Harassment or Abuse. Every employee shall be treated with respect and dignity. No employee shall be subject to any physical, sexual, psychological or verbal harassment or abuse.
- Health and Safety. Employers shall provide a safe and healthy working environment designed to maximize prevention of accidents and injury.
- Wages and Benefits. Employers shall pay employees sufficient wages to meet their employees' basic needs.
In addition to maintaining these standards, we require all of our manufacturers and product providers to monitor their own facilities and to allow announced and unannounced inspections of their facilities by independent external monitors.
We also have a program for regularly training our employees with responsibility over our products about the importance of compliance with these standards, how to identify and avoid potential violations of these standards, and what they should do if they suspect a manufacturer or product provider has failed to comply with the standards. We also provide the ability for our employees to report any concerns they may have about these maters in a confidential manner, free from any threat of retaliation.